- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
External Relations, University Services
Salary: $79,910 - $86,499 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Web Content and Development Coordinator is a member of the Channel Management Team which sits within the External Relations portfolio.
About the role
The purpose of the Web Content and Development Officer is to provide day to day web support in-faculty and schools. This support is provided under the guidance of Digital and Online Channel Web team which is part of Channel Management in External Relations. The role will assist faculties and schools with the provision of new templates, content migration, content editing and development, day to day CMS web support and basic maintenance during the UOM digital transition period. The role will also be required to assist with specific digital projects in each faculty and school. The applicants will be working within the faculty or school but will also hot desk with the digital and online channels team (DOC) to ensure they have technical support and training.
- Work across faculties and projects as directed by the Channel Management Director and the local Faculty or School contact.
- Deliver high quality projects while working to strict deadlines.
- Update and manipulate web content using CMS systems such as Squiz Matrix, Drupal, Wordpress and Bespoke.
- Some web development capability is required using existing templates as provided by the digital and online channels team.
- Engage with and manage the expectations of assigned Faculty managers and other stakeholders.
- Assist in faculty digital marketing initiatives as required
- Develop new websites and pages using CMS templates.
- Edit web content and review existing web sites and pages.
- Manage migration of old templates and sites to new CMS templates
- Help manage basic google analytics reporting for marketing purposes and optimization of current websites for SEO working with the digital and online channels team. Provide communication back to digital and online channel team on faculty web needs
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 29 Jun 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time